Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Jennie Boone Goes West!

My sweet sister Jennie was married Saturday, June 14th. It was a long, wonderful weekend. There was lots of sister time, tears and laughter. I'm sorry for the delay in getting pictures out to the clamoring public. :-)

Our weekend started with a lovely bridesmaid's luncheon on Friday. Several longtime family friends hosted the luncheon for Jennie. It was delicious!


Mrs. Renee pins Jennie. :-)

The yummy spread

Who doesn't love cupcakes?!

Jennie's mother and sister-in-law, Sandra and Nicole


Mama and the Bride

Nattie and Anna

This picture only took about 14 tries.
I love my Mama.

Sisters!

Come on, you knew we had to take a silly one.
We call this "The Nostril Flare."

Kadee-Bug!


After a fabulous girly afternoon, we drove north to Euharlee Baptist for the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. As we pulled into the church parking lot, we spotted this fun surprise...



How cute!

After the rehearsal, we headed out to Anderson Farm - a property belonging to one of the deacons at Chris and Jennie's church. The entire group of deacons put on a fabulous rehearsal cookout for everyone. It was really touching to see how excited their church family was for Jennie and Chris to start their life together.

Bridesmaid Buddies

Brothers-to-Be
(the future of the Boone bloodline... scary.)



We're next! :-)


They are my favorites.

One more day!

Family Picture

Jennie and her MOH (the other Abby!)

Groomsmen (minus JP - he had to drive to Decatur!)

Apparently Bill missed his wife a little more than we thought...

Jennie and her fabulous crew of Samford girls

West women

After a fun giggly night of lingerie showering, we woke up EARLY Saturday morning to get Jennie ready for her big day!




Hair-In-Progress


Buttoning and zipping The Bride into place!

Mama helping with the veil...


Abby and Jennie

Unfortunately, I didn't get any more pictures until after the wedding... You know, it's kind of hard to snap pictures with a bouquet in your hand. :-) There was lots of crying, laughing, Kleenex hiding in scandalous places... It was beautiful!

On to the reception!

Sharing a cupcake

Their "cake" was really cute - cupcakes with their initials on top instead of the traditional cake. Chris' groom's cake was set up on two of his drums - yummy yummy key lime tarts!!


Ready to dance it up!

Taking a breather with Mama

One of my favorite surprises was running into the Stephen Borders family! I tried to snap a picture with Jackson, but he clearly was not interested.



Stephen and Madeline danced it up on the Soul Train a little later - hilarious!! I'm hoping Kadee snagged a picture of it.


Beth and Madeline looking beautiful


Hubba-Hubba!

A few of my favorites...


... and my absolute favorite.

Alas, (I just used the word alas...) all good things must come to an end! Chris and Jennie headed off to Atlanta for a "mini-moon" before flying out to Mexico on Thursday.

The Grand Exit


Trying to recreate a photo from Kadee's wedding :-)


Take Two.


My dancin' machine.


Posing for a few final photos...


New family photo!


Happily. Ever. After.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Such a great post! You all looked wonderful! I especially like the collage of your favorite photos. It was such a nice surprise to see Jennie and Chris on Monday, too.

Senegal Daily said...

I love this post -thank you SO much for taking the time to upload them all to share with us...and for including a little bit of the Borders clan for me too :)

Jennie looked amazing. I love Kadee's hair and your highlights. And who on earth is that grown up woman who resembles Nattie??

Sarah said...

Ok, so i caught up with you through Kari's blog. I am SO grateful for this post. Catching up with the Boone's and West's and others is an awesome treat.

love you tons miss Abby!
Sarah Miller

Anonymous said...

Okay - my turn. U.N. here.....
Abby girl...you've got a webgift. This looks truly professional and although I didn't make it (shame), this made me feel as though I was a part of it. I'm sorry to have missed all the excitement and happy times.

My very best to the bride and groom and I thank you for such a wonderful tribute to your sister and your family. I love you,
Uncle Nash

Andrew and Abby said...

Awesome pictures, Abby! We had a fabulous time!