Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Birthday Weekend Blog

Bryan and I celebrated all weekend long. We went to a few new places, and did some of our favorite things as well. It was a perfect birthday weekend. :-)

Friday Night: Thai Diner


I have been craving Thai food lately, so we decided to try a restaurant we hadn't been to before. Thai Diner is just outside Vinings in a Kroger shopping center, and it was exactly what I had been wanting.
I love red curry. With red pepper and pineapple. And shrimp.




Outside Thai Diner


After dinner, we headed to Coldstone for some Chocolate-Reese's Cup ice cream perfection. It was so good I forgot to take pictures.


Saturday: Braves vs. Mariners, Late Night Fun and WaHo!

We headed to Turner Field at had a bite to eat at The Chop House. Well, I had a foot. Bryan had a leg!

Bryan and his massive turkey leg.

Mmmm. Foot long hot dog. Mmmm.


Afterwards, we walked around for a bit and visited some places inside the stadium neither one of us had ever been before.


Bryan in the misty Sky Field.

Sitting in a gigantic Coke chair.

You got the right one, baby!


Side note: This was one of the best Braves games I've ever seen. They were down the whole game until the 9th inning. McCann hit home run to break the tie and we won. It was awesome!!

We actually made some really cool friends - John and Kelly - at the game. We started making small talk at the hot dog bar where we were all watching the game, and found out we all lived in Smyrna. We made plans to hang out at a mutual favorite spot - Padraic's in Vinings - and had a few drinks there. Afterwards, we went back to John and Kelly's where Bryan got schooled on Nintendo Wii Tennis and Bowling.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have long enjoyed the fact that my sweet fiance cares very little about video game systems. All of that ended Saturday night. The Wii has been declared "awesome," but I'm hoping it will be a passing fancy. We have a wedding to pay for, people!

It got to be pretty late, so we headed home. Unfortunately, yours truly came down with a case of the late night munchies and so we headed (where else?) Waffle House!


Wa-Ho Aftermath: Cheesy Eggs, Covered Hash Browns and Raisin Toast. MMMM!


I call this one: Birthday Girl Gets a Smooch
I know. Gross.


Do you see that time?
That's what we call "Goin' Out Like a Champ Time"
That's also why I did not move from my bed until after 11.


I will post pictures and stories from our Sunday hike tomorrow. At this point, I have been fighting with Blogger for at least two hours. I am a tired girl.

3 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

Fighting with Blogger.

But isn't it worth it to know that I got to see and enjoy your birthday photos? ;)

Looks like a great weekend.

Abby said...

So worth it. :-)

Love you!

Nicole said...

I'm so glad you had such a nice time!! I went to the Braves game on Friday and we got our butts handed to us! And look! Bryan's eyes are open even when he is smiling!! :) Love you!