Monday, June 09, 2008

88 Degrees...

Dear Readers...


That's not the temperature outside.... that's the temperature INSIDE my house. Bryan has fondly dubbed our living room "Vietnam." I tend to think of it more as the South American rain forest. It is hot, sticky and damp EVERYWHERE in our house.

We knew when we bought our house that the air conditioning was a little old - 1988 to be exact. Unfortunately, because it was January, we couldn't test the unit. When the temperature started rising outside, we noticed that our inside wasn't getting any cooler. We have tried rinsing the coils, closing some of the unnecessary vents, bringing in fans, etc. After waking up this morning to large sweat spots in the bed, I've caved.

I called the air guy. He's coming tomorrow. I am seriously considering getting a hotel room or going to stay with Jennie for the night. Keep your fingers crossed for us and pray that we don't need a whole new unit. I would much rather pay for wedding stuff right now - not a boring air conditioner.

:-) With love from the South American rain forest -

Abby

No comments: