Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sunday Hike

We (eventually) rolled out of bed on Sunday morning after a late birthday night and decided we needed to do something to "heal" our partied-out bodies. Bryan and I have taken to hiking on the weekends, and we use this site to help us choose our new destinations.

Georgia Trails is really fantastic. You can make really specific searches based on difficulty, scenery requests, county locations, etc.. The site also gives (fairly) decent directions and a review of each trail to help you make your decisions! I decided I wanted to see a waterfall, but we didn't want to spend an hour driving to get somewhere. So, we settled on Oxbo Trail in Roswell, GA.

getting started...

These signs kept Bryan from playing Boy Scout... whew!

We hiked about an hour out to the waterfall. The trail was wonderfully quiet. Evidently there weren't too many people hiking our way to get to the waterfall. We saw several families and couples once we got there, but apparently, they had taken a different way in. We rested about an hour before heading back to the car.

Looks innocent, right?

Looking straight down... I cannot believe I walked out far enough to do this!


a view from the side



peeking through the leaks


Bryan climbed down a LOT of rocks to get this shot...
I stayed my scaredy-cat butt up top.

As we started walking back, we noticed this cool rope swing you could take out into the middle of the water just before the waterfall.

We didn't.

You could also climb this really awesome tree and swing out into the water on the rope.


We didn't do that either.

In all seriousness, I love hiking with Bryan. I love being outside. I love seeing some of the countless wonders HE created. We get to talk without the distractions of people watching, or the TV/Internet at home and we spend real quality time with each other. It was definitely a fun way to end the weekend!


happy hikers :-)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

How nice! And I didn't realize that place exists. I'm going to have to give it a go. Thanks for the lovely post!