Friday, June 20, 2008

29 Things...

To celebrate my last year of being a 20-something (starting tomorrow), I decided to make a list of 29 things I love right now...


How could you not love this face?

1. Snuggling with Herbie. Herbie is the "baby" in our brood of cats. We think he is half human. He talks to you until you talk back. He snuggles. He even spoons!

2. L.A. Fitness: They have an awesome, butt-kickin' class called BodyWorks. Fun music, an hour of weights and workout, but it goes by fast! I highly recommend it.

3. OPI Nail Polish. I pick out my polish solely based on the name. It's more fun that way.


This week's selection: Santiago Sangria

4. Summer dresses. Comfortable, flirty, and perfect for a night out or a day with the girls.

5. TIME OFF. This means lots of lunch dates, catching up with friends and watching Oprah on a regular basis. :-)

6. The public library. I have a big book addiction. All of my good friends know this. Thanks to Kari and Goodreads, it's gotten even worse. So I am protecting my checking account and my bursting bookshelves by borrowing from the Smyrna library.

7. My deck. I have really loved getting up in the mornings or eating lunch on the deck with my Bible, a good book and my prayer journal.


My hideout



8. Tuesdays. Bryan has Tuesdays off, I'm home from summer school at 12:15. We don't have that time together during the school year and it has been so much fun to just do "stuff" with each other. We can go to the gym together, catch a matinee, have a fun lunch out or just run errands together. It's a nice "bonus" to my vacation time. :-)

9. NAPS. Home at 12:15, Lunch at 12:30, Nap by 1:30... Glorious.

10. Team Trivia. For those of you who don't know, Bryan is a wealth of random facts and information. My girlfriends have dubbed him "Bryan the Brain." We love playing trivia, and we've been doing quite well. Give us a call and join us!

11. Cooking. Again, time off means I have more time to put into things that are somewhat "neglected" during the school year - like my kitchen. :-) I have loved trying new recipes and Bryan has been a willing taste-tester!

12. Weight Watchers Giant Ice Cream Bars. For days when I don't have the points to go to Coldstone, these are perfect.

13. Grilling out. I love being able to do this! After years of apartment life, I relish the nights we don't have to heat up the kitchen by using the oven. Bryan's getting to be quite the grillmaster!

14. KMS Curlup Products. I love this stuff! Everything smells orangey-minty and it puts the extra "schwing" in my hair to make it look wavy and curly.

15. Melatonin. Many of you know I've battled it out with insomnia over the years. This wonderful natural pill can be found in most GNC or natural food stores. It helps me relax and get a good night's sleep. Best of all, it doesn't leave me groggy in the morning!


16. Bryan's Nanny. Well, she tells me she's my Nanny too. Many of you know, I lost both of my grandmothers by the time I was in college. I miss them terribly. I have been blessed to become a part of the Spann family. This wonderful woman calls just to talk to me, wants to spend time with me and tells me how much she loves me. It fills something inside of me that has been missing for a long time.

17. Cherries. They're in season, they're cheap and they only cost 1 WW point for a cup and a half!

18. The Grocery Game. I'm addicted. I am a hard-core coupon cutter. This brillant website only costs $15 for three months. It shows you which coupons match up with what is on sale at your local grocery store. I have saved TWICE as much since becoming a subscriber.

A sample Grocery Game list

19. My sisters. I absolutely adore them. I loved loved loved spending three whole days with my family. No one else loves me, prays for me and understands me quite like these ladies.


20. Anne Lamott. One of my new favorite authors. Funny, faithful and real.

21. Chilean Sauvignon Blanc. Bryan has been bringing these home lately.

YUM.

22. My new capri pajamas from Target. Nick and Nora make the cutest pj's! These are just fun. :-)


Found a picture on ebay. :-)

23. Having a prayer journal. I'm able to look back and see HIM working in my life, answering prayers, leading me where HE wants me to be.


24. My Boys. This is one of the best summer shows on TV. If you can watch it on Thursday nights, you absolutely should. You want to know how good it is? Even Bryan likes it!


25. Braves baseball. I know, they're in a slump. Especially when they play on the road. This is something I have learned to love, but I'm glad Bryan and I have something we can watch together almost any night of the week. We're going to see them play the Marlins tomorrow night for my birthday. Yippee!


26. Coffeemate. In particular, their vanilla caramel fat-free sugar-free creamer. I can have my coffee and my creamer too!




27. AtlantaBridal.com is my new favorite wedding website. It makes it really easy to contact vendors, get quotes and view samples or properties. Fabulous!


just a logo, not a link

28. The new song by NKOTB - "Summertime." I know that probably makes me a huge cheeseball, but I love it. It makes me shake my booty. Will I pay $60 to go see them in November? Probably not. Will I turn up the radio and shake it in my car when I hear their song? You know it!

Le sigh...

29. My Moxi box. Well, technically it's not mine. It's Charter's. But it's in my house. Recording my shows. Letting me skip commercials and do fun things instead of watch TV all the time. Bryan likes to play Solitaire on it. I like throwing tomatoes at Bill O'Rielly on Fox News.

That's it for me! What makes your list? Start with your age and get goin'!

1 comment:

Senegal Daily said...

Great list, birthday girl!

I am super jealous of your deck, happy to be feeding your addiction, wish we could get those ice cream bars here, am happy we can get cherries, am wearing my first sundress of the year right now... :)