Saturday, July 05, 2008

The Smyrna Zoo Welcomes...

WOODY!

No, we did not get a dog. Woody the rat terrier has been visiting this week while his "people" are out of town. One of Bryan's co-workers, Bubba, asked if we could dog-sit while he and his family took a well-deserved vacation. We (obviously) said yes. While it has been a lot of work, it's also been a lot of fun. I have someone to walk with 2 or 3 times a day, and he watches TLC and HGTV without moaning or groaning.

We did, however, learn a few things:
  1. We are not big fans of picking up poo at 7:30 am when someone wants to go outside.
  2. It gets really hot in the bed when there's a dog sleeping in your armpit.
  3. Our cats + one small dog = Some pretty p.o.'d cats.

This is not the face of a happy cat.

A few days ago, I kept my friend Nikki's little boy, Tyler while she and her husband Chris did some work in their rental house. Here's what happened when we introduced Tyler to Woody...

I love this face!


This didn't last long. Buddy soon retreated to the bedroom.



These two wore each other out!

Tag! You're it!

I will be sad to see Woody go home today. However, I will enjoy not waking up in a deep sweat and sleeping (at least) until 9 am without dog breath in my face. :-)

Happy Weekend!

2 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

I love that last picture!

Anonymous said...

OMG WE HAVE 4 RAT DOGS TOO!!!!
but there harder probably than just one.