Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Day 3 - The Enlightening One Shares Her Enlightenments

Well, the author wasn't lying when he said Day 3 would be the hardest. I. am. hungry. I am actually craving specific foods - mainly cheese. Actually, I would eat anything you put in front of me right now - even the cafeteria corn dogs they served today at lunch!!

But I can do this!!

I wanted to answer a few more of the questions that you guys have asked...

1. What is the reason for the 32 ounces of salt water?

While it is absolutely - without a doubt- the hardest thing I have to do every day, it is essential to the cleanse process. It, um, makes things "move." Quickly. Like, within 30 minutes of drinking it. What a way to wake up, huh?

2. How much weight have you lost so far?

As of this afternoon, I've lost 7 pounds. That's a lot in 3 days. Bryan has lost around 8. Stupid boys, it comes off of them so much faster! It's also been really hard to do!! Keep in mind that wasn't the only reason Bryan and I elected to do this, but it's certainly been a benefit. 


3. Why this cleanse? Why ten days?

I'm actually not sure about the ten day time period, other than to say that the author recommends it. He says that doing it for a shorter period of time doesn't allow the body to rid itself of all the toxins that have built of over time. He actually recommends going for longer - up to 40 days!! (That, I can't imagine. I just couldn't do it.)

We actually tried a different cleanse that we found at GNC over the summer, but we had disappointing results. 

I'll look at my book and search the message boards tonight again to see if I can find some more concrete answers about the ten-day period. 


Keep checking in with us! :-) 


6 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

Well, not having read the book or tried it myself, I can't really make a decision for or against. But I really admire the strength it must take for y'all to do this.

I'd like to request an update about one month and three months after the fasting to see if you feel it has any lasting effects and how the whole reintroduction to food thing goes:

Anonymous said...

my abby is very brave - this was all her idea, and she has been strong through some immense temptations the last two nights - and I am so proud of her.

I feel healthier than I have in a while. It's not easy, but this cleanse is a good thing.

And the salt water flush does work; the book describes it as the "rinse cycle" of the cleanse, as if the diet were a washing machine for the body. The lemon juice and cayenne pepper are the "agitator".

Nicole said...

Whoa, Abby, that is a lot of weight at once - is it water weight? I'm proud of you for sticking to it, but just be careful. I don't mean that in a condescending way at all. So happy I get to see you and Bryan on Saturday!!

Danger Chris said...

Word is that the farther along you are in this the more like "Death" you are going to smell. Brace for impact.

Peggy said...

I've heard of this before, but it's still impressive. My question is how often you have to pee...if I drink 2 glasses of water in a day, I feel like I'm always going so I can't imagine this!

Anonymous said...

lol at chris