Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Day 2 - The Cleanse

Well, this isn't easy - but it's doable.

I still say the hardest part is drinking 32 ounces of salt water every morning. Bryan would probably agree. It's just gross.

Alot of people have asked how hungry I am. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'm probably at a 4. If I drink some "lemonade" or water, I'm okay for an hour or so. I drink alot of lemonade and water. I can have up to 12 glasses of the lemonade every day, and as much water as I want. So far, I've only made six glasses each day. The ingredients are expensive!! I don't want to use them all up!

The worst part of my day yesterday was coming home to an empty house. Bryan worked a little late, and so I got home first. Empty house + hunger = a major opportunity to cheat. But, I didn't!! I put on Dr. Phil and made myself comfy on the couch. It was really hard to ignore the Teddy Grahams and sandwich fixins' calling to me from the pantry, but I did it.

I found myself looking forward to the tea last night. I think because it was hot, it made me feel more full. I woke up a couple of times feeling hungry, but all I had to to was think about the salt water flush that I would be drinking in a few hours, and it put me right out of my misery. :-)

Thanks for your emails and comments. They are encouraging - even if you all do think we're crazy!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

32 ounces of salt water?! Um, yuck, yuck, yuck!! What is the reasoning behind that?? Good luck!

Christy & Brian said...

Abby - couple of questions - ditto to the question about the salt water...i thought salt was bad for us!?!?!?

2-How much weight have you lost so far???

I had another, but I forgot. I will be sure to come back and ask you.

Danger Chris said...

Everything about this seems unhealthy. I ask you, if you found out one of the kids you teach was doing this what would you say to them?

Every good sailor knows not to drink salt water. You'll be a lousy pirate.

Senegal Daily said...

Your brother-in-law is 'a hoot' as my mom would say.

How's it going? I'm not on the 'you're crazy' bandwagon (yet), but would like to know some of the reasoning behind the seemingly extreme nature of this cleanse.

So yeah - why so much salt?
Why ten days? Wouldn't 3-4 be enough? Why THIS cleanse? There are other detox diets, most of which allow food.

Enlighten me, oh lightening one.