Saturday, May 31, 2008

May Madness - Memorial Day Weekend

So this extra-long blog will conclude our May Madness here at Foxwood Trail (and the post-date change cheating). :-)


Happy Anniversary Nanny and Pa!

After our class party ended, I sped off to join Bryan's family at the Terra Grill in Buckhead to celebrate Nanny and Pa's 60th wedding anniversary! As my last post may have hinted, this was not an easy task.

A few things to keep in mind:

1. I was functioning on 4 hours of sleep. I had stayed up Thursday night making a video yearbook for my munchkins.

2. I had been "Miss Boone" from 7:15 am - 8:45 pm when the last kid went home.

3. I was trying to drive somewhere new. In the dark. Anyone that knows me understands that this is just bad. This is why Bryan drives everywhere. Especially at night.

Obviously, I got lost. Very lost. In the dark. In a part of Atlanta I had never been before. My sweet fiance was trying very hard to get me un-lost, but my overtired brain became waaaay too emotional. There were lots of tears, and I am embarrassed to admit - a hang-up.

When I finally found my way to the restaurant (which was not in an obvious, easy-to-recognize location) I was in a terrible mood, pitched a parking-lot hissy fit and had to wait a few minutes and calm down before I went in. We took the picture you see below, and left.


The Spann Clan

I have to give Bryan BIG kudos. Knowing that I had not eaten yet (too busy with the kids), he took me to Cafe Intermezzo where we canoodled, snacked and made up. :-) Sweet boy.

Our weekend did not slow down!!

Leigh and Dave's Big Bash

Bryan's sister was married in December, but Leigh and Dave waited a few months to have an official reception and honeymoon. They had both started new jobs in Tampa, FL and needed to wait a little while before taking some time off.

So, we all convened in McDonough, GA at the Palm Beach restaurant for a fun beach-themed reception! Then Leigh and Dave headed to Boston and Martha's Vineyard for their official honeymoon!


The Newlyweds!

Soon-to-be Newlyweds!

Big Brother and Little Sister


On my way to becoming a Spann!

Wyatt and Emily hit the dance floor

Uncle James, Pa and Aunt Becky

One of the things I really enjoyed about Saturday was spending the night in McDonough at the Spann house. Leigh and Dave spent the night, as well as Nanny and Pa. We were able to get in some good family time and enjoyed a really yummy breakfast the next morning.

Tyler's 1st Birthday!

Our good friends Chris and Nikki had a birthday party for the cutest 1-year-old on the planet - Ty!! We celebrated on Sunday, May 25th - exactly one year! It was a really nice way to end the weekend - time to relax and enjoy being with our friends. We missed Michelle and Gavin, but they were partying it up in Charlotte cheering on Michelle's "other man" - Kasey Khane. :-)


NOT the birthday boy

Proud Papa and Big Boy Ty


Amber, William and his tongue

Note: William is fascinated with his tongue. If you give him a smooch, you just might get a surprise with it. For details, see Claudine.

A few highlights from the big boy's party:


Mama bringing out the cake...


What happens when you give a 1-year-old his own cake! :-)


Yummy Cupcake Cones!

I think he's finished!


Time to clean up in the pool!

What would a party be without a pirate?


A drum set from Daddy
- with the new drummer's initials on it! -


Winding down with all his loot. :-)

It was a very busy, hectic and fun weekend. I still have plenty of bloggable photos and material for June... stay tuned!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I'm so happy to see an update! And love the photos! AND it was so great chatting with you! I look forward to our 'date'!