Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Update

I thought I'd give you a teensy update on what's been going on since my break started on the 23rd. Jennie and I were reveling last night in the fact that we still have until January 8th before we have to see the doors of Fair Oaks again. This is the time of year I really love my job. :-)

Floataway Cafe

Bryan and I started my vacation time off at Floataway Cafe! This restaurant is part of the Star Provisions family - Bacchanalia is a sister eatery. We actually drove out to Floataway to purchase a gift certificate for Bryan's parents for Christmas. When we arrived at the restaurant, we realized: 1) How late it was. 2) How hungry we were 3) The menu was phenomenal.

I had some of the best food I've ever put in my mouth. If you ever have the chance to make your way to Zonolite Road and Floataway Cafe, you have to try the She Crab Soup. Neither Bryan or I had words to describe the creamy, sherry-induced goodness that made its way to our table that night. All in all, it was a fabulous way to start my Christmas Break.


Floataway Cafe

After a night of good food.

Kari's Here!

Bryan and I are currently on the hunt for a church a little closer to home, but the last couple of weeks we have visited West Cobb Baptist Church. What made this week's service even better was being able to sit beside my BFF (Best Faraway Friend), Kari! Les Massons are here in the good ol' U-S-of-A for ten days to spend the holidays with Kari's family. Our time together is always precious, and I really enjoyed being able to worship with her on Sunday.



I know when I get back from Weaver-vegas, she and I will have to make our way to Willie Rae's for fish tacos, fried green tomatoes and some of JJ's key lime pie.



Dirty Santa

As we get a little older, our Christmas traditions adjust to the lives of our growing families. Our traditional Christmas night dinner at my Uncle David's was moved to the evening of the 23rd so that we could all be together. This year, instead of exchanging a bazillion gifts, we played Dirty Santa instead. We each brought a "gag gift" to make the game a little more interesting. And boy, did it get interesting.



My Aunt Donna picked up a new "grill"...




DeeDee acquired a lovely Prostate Exam Kit (oh. my.)


Her exact words: "I'm goin' to beat somebody." :-)

I am also sad to say that the only Christmas pictures we took were that night after dinner. I'm really quite embarrassed. Oh well, there's always Easter. :-)


Boone Girl Cousins around the tree

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Again, my comment regarding Kari: Bite me. And find some dough, moneybags, so we can get our travels underway!