Monday, April 20, 2009

Suggestions, Anyone?

So I'm working on some of the finer (*read: fun for me, not Bryan) details for our big day. One of my "tasks" is to work with the ceremony musicians to determine what should be played before, during and after the ceremony.

Our ceremony musicians are members of Mama and Daddy's church in Arden, NC. It's actually a family - a dad and 2 or 3 of his daughters (the 3rd daughter is a maybe). I had the chance to watch them perform together over Christmas and I loved it. It made me miss being able to sing and play with my own family. It's all instrumental - guitar, fiddle, banjo, mandolin, etc. I'm really looking forward to it.

I picked out some of my favorite hymns for them to play before the ceremony. I know we'll be walking "out" to "Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee" but beyond that I'm kind of stuck.

Here's where I'm asking for help from my faithful blog-public.

I need song suggestions! Particularly songs for the bridal party and yours truly to walk in to. If you can think of a sweet song for us to include I would love to hear from you. I'm open to sacred and secular music. I would actually love a good Beatles song in there somewhere.

So.... whatcha thinkin?? ;-)

5 comments:

Danger Chris said...

Brick House

Alphabet Soup Momma said...

Ave Maria is a beautiful song that sounds great instrumental. And my favorite hymn is "Come Thou Fount". Hope that helps.

Sherlock's Wine Guys said...

i've always liked "Just a Closer Walk with Thee"

but only with the jazz/swing rhythm

A great example is The Canadian Brass:

check it out here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtAvTasKNvE

second on Ave Maria

Sherlock's Wine Guys said...

here's another good version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRTNyY2IBVE

Angie said...

I'm a little behind on the blog reading! :) Chris and I did all beatles music for our ceremony (by a pianist)...I walked in to Good Day Sunshine, our parents walked into When I'm 64, bridesmaids - All Across the Universe, and out to All You Need Is Love...she also did a whole Beatles compilation while guests were coming in and leaving. It was outstanding! :) I love checking in on you!

Angie Fondriest
www.ang4332.blogspot.com