Monday, April 06, 2009

She's Baaaccckk!

Hello peeps -

A quick update.

The Cleanse:

It was supposed to last 10 days. We made it 8. :-) Day 7 was definitely the hardest - it was also the big snow day here in Atlanta. All I wanted to do was make a big pot of homemade soup. We made it through the day, but there was lots of kicking and screaming on my part. Bless my sweet fiance and his patience. :-)

On the night of Day 8, we caved. I heated up some V-8 Tomato Herb soup, and sliced some Nine-Grain Italian Bread from Publix and relished every bite. It was the best freakin' meal of my entire life. We eased back into food pretty slowly. Breakfast and lunch for the next two days were strictly orange juice - again, heaven sent after drinking lemonade and salt-water-yuck for eight days. We ate alot of Kari's homemade 10 Veggie Soup as well. I highly recommend it. It's 0-1 points per serving, and really filling. I will be making another batch this week in an effort to keep myself on the right track before our big day.

Overall, I lost 11 pounds and Bryan lost 13. We have tried (fairly hard) to eat right since coming off the cleanse and have been pretty successful. We haven't gained any of our old weight back. In fact, Bryan is even down a couple more pounds since the cleanse. I am headed to the gym as we speak in an effort to whittle off a few more pounds before the wedding.

I think we may even "cleanse" again one more time before June. Bryan had more energy during the cleanse than I did, but afterwards we both felt an odd sense of "renewal" - like we had restored our bodies a little bit. Does that sound cheesy?

If you have any questions, we'd be happy to answer them! I'll post again soon with a non-cleanse related update!

:-)

4 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

"In fact, Bryan is even down a couple more pounds since the cleanse."

Don't you just HATE how boys do that? Jonathan can think away pounds, I'm fairly convinced.

Congratulations!

Peggy said...

Yay for the update! I've been waiting.

Mark Ament said...

The cleanse sounds great - especially the weight loss part. You've inspired me to have a look at doing in myself. And no it doesn't sound "cheesy" at all to feel restored.

John Kasel said...

Another way to cleanse is to try the all raw food diet. Seems a bit radical to fast, but eating raw sounds possible to me. Thanks for the piece.