Monday, July 10, 2006

I Know, I Know.....

I need to update! My legions of fans have been hounding me with phone calls and emails.... so here you go! The latest sordid (not really) and fascinating (kinda) adventures in the Land of Abigail!

We are official "Screen on the Green Fiends." A couple of weeks ago, the girls and I braved:
  1. The awful traffic
  2. Nordstrom's $15 beach towels (we forgot our blanket and there was no going back)
  3. The Georgia heat and
  4. A HUGE crowd to see the final SotG movie:

the ORIGINAL Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory!

Unfortunately, there was no "prancing" this time, but there was a hee-ster-i-cal incident involving Miss Sherry Trimble, a parking spot and a very impatient VW Bug driver who was probably surprised to see Sherry "fight" back after he very rudely honked his horn at us. Sorry, no pictures of that.... I WISH.

Look! We made it!

We didn't waste any time getting down to business! :-)

The 4th was Oh-So-Much-Fun as the Fair Oaks Hotties held our 1st cookout at Pool de la Abigail. Michelle (my official summer gal pal!) and I started the day bright and early at 11:00 am so we could snag the fabulous location you see below....

That's right. We had a whole pool to ourselves. We are that cool.

(L to R: Jenny, Michelle and Nikki)

We grilled hamburgers in the afternoon and headed to the Marietta Square to watch fireworks with my parents who were in town. Sadly, I forgot my camera until we came back to our own fireworks show with.....

SPARKLERS!!!

That's right! Sparklers! Nikki's husband Chris met up with us just in time to be our Grillmaster and Official Chauffer to the fireworks. When we used up all the sparklers, we stayed up waaay too late playing Apples to Apples and Catchphrase. By the way, if you don't own either of those games, go get them. Now. They are SO much fun.

Michelle: "Holy crap! I can't believe Chris drove all day long just to see you and now he's driving our sorry tails around Marietta and cooking us dinner!"

Nikki: "I know. I have the best hubby in the world." (She really does. Sorry, K! :-) Maybe there can be a tie for 1st place??)

"But Abby!" you say. "You aren't in any of your July 4th pictures!" That's right, Ladies and Gents.... I had a HUGE zit on the very top of my forehead and I'm not going to share it.... with anyone! :-)

Don't worry, there's more to come. In my next "episode," you should be able to find pics and stories from:

  1. The "Circle of Death" night with our "groupies," Jon and Spencer (that one comes with video!)
  2. 7Sharp9/ Dixie Tavern photos and....
  3. the Tim McGraw and Faith Hill concert !!

Toodles!!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I am so glad the death threats worked, so we get to see an update! Thanks for the post and thank you for the kind words about my rat's nest, I mean, hair. :) Love you, girly!!

Angela Burgess said...

Aww, wish I had known you were at the square. I sure would have rather seen you than my mother and I know my dad would have loved to see any of your family, but especially you!

Senegal Daily said...

I'm sure Nikki's husband is a first-placer too. I know Jonathan's not the only one. But he's mine - and that's all that matters to me!