Monday, May 15, 2006

Mama Day -- Part Deux!

Okay... Trying this again.

On Sunday we went to Mama and Daddy's new church and came back to the house for lunch. Yes, my mother cooked most of her own Mother's Day lunch. Shameful, I know. However - noone (even Mama!) wanted to go out to eat. The wait times are always horrible. Besides, she didn't do a dish all afternoon!

Daddy's contribution to Mother's Day lunch: Stay outta the way! :-)

Nattie also has a new mission: Operation Get a Kitten. One of her friends' cats recently procreated and its' offspring are ready for the taking. Nattie has decided she wants/needs one. Mama thinks a little differently, knowing this is Nat's last year at home. Here's a few shots from the battleground at home base.

Nattie: "Mama, can I please have a kitten? I'll put the litterbox in my room. I'll feed it. I'll be home all summer. I've been really responsible lately."

Mama: "Ha! I don't think so. You'll leave in a year and I'll be the one taking care of a cat I don't want."

Nattie: "Mama. Please. I have an A in PreCalc! I'm one of like 3 people in that class with an A. Don't you think I deserve a reward for all my efforts?"

Mama: "I've got your reward. Your reward is not having your parents breathe down your neck about your grades!"

Nattie: "Hey Mama.... I'll wrestle you for it!"

Mama: "Nattie Jane.... stay over there. You leave me alone."

Scuffling, wrestling and tackling ensues.....

Nattie: "I surrender!!"

Mama: "I don't care how old I get. I'll always be able to take you out!"

Unfortunately, Mama won this round. Seeing as how I'm a "cat lady" myself - I'm not as bad as those kooks though! - Nattie has enlisted my help in Operation Get a Kitten. This war's not over yet. However, Nattie and I have some serious strategizing to do!!

No comments: