Monday, April 21, 2008

Look, Ma! I'm Updating!

I heard the flutter of pigs' wings on the horizon, so I thought I would go ahead and update. I'm always up for averting disaster.

My Mortgage

I have now made two, count them, two mortgage payments. I own exactly $351. 86 of my house. While that may sound a little depressing (and it is), I am also quite excited to think that I might actually own ALL of the tiles in my kitchen... and the laminate flooring!


That would be me. Turning the key in my front door.
FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME!!

I didn't realize until I started working on this post that Bryan and I never took pictures of the house with "our stuff" in it. Right now, the house is dirty. I'm not picking up just so I can take pictures. Sorry. :-)

Dr. Seuss Day @ F.O. Escuela

We read some books, we sang Happy Birthday to a dead guy, we got to wear jeans to school. I was a happy camper. I'm a Yertle the Turtle kind of girl. Jennie? She's all about some Green Eggs and Ham. What can I say? The Boones are well-read.

That can only mean cute sisters in cute Dr. Seuss shirts!

Claudine's Bachelorette Weekend
Hilton Head, SC

As always, a weekend with my girls is nothing but fun. So when we decided to surprise Claudine with a trip to the beach before she and Mike tied the knot, I knew we were in for a good time. We left early Saturday morning, with the bride-to-be knowing nothing about our destination until we arrived.

Did you honestly think we would go on a trip and NOT find a pirate?!
We found TWO!!!!

After a little time lounging at the pool, we put on our pretty clothes and headed out.

Claudine, Moi, Toni

If you'll notice the screen on the left, you'll see the bottom half of Buckwheat, from the Little Rascals. This was one of the strangest clubs I've ever visited. While Top 40 music blared, there were random black-and-white flim clips playing on the screens, mainly of the Little Rascals. Bizarre!

Toni, Sherry, Michelle, Amber
It was a fabulous weekend away and I cannot wait for summertime!

St. Patty's Weekend/Housewarming


This was, perhaps, one of my favorite "grown-up" moments. Hosting my first soirée! Unfortunately, Bryan played camera commando and we didn't get as many pictures as I would've liked. It was so much fun to have all of our friends and their little ones in one place. It was like a sneak preview of how much fun our wedding will be!!


Hey! It's the dining room!


And the living room! With our stuff in it!

One of my favorite friends, Megan, drove down from Acworth her hubby and their twins, Bradley and Maddie. "Auntie Cha" loved being able to spend time with them and feed them cupcakes!!


Bradley eating his 99th cupcake. They were pretty awesome.


Maddie-pottamus!

Bocce ball!

I'm terrible at this game, but Bryan insists on playing at least once a week in the front yard. Now all the neighbors know how bad I am too! :-)


2 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

Bocce ball! ooh la la! You are Frenchies! Only we call it pétanque. But same thing pretty much.

I love the arches and pillar in your living room, and III loves the wood floors. Très jolie!

Nicole said...

Ahhh! I love your update!! And your house is fabulous. And where is our special, snuggly sofa???? Bryan was jealous and told you to get rid of it, eh?? :) I'll call soon so we can have an in-person update! Love you!!