Friday, January 04, 2008

Panic at Phillips!

We were very fortunate to be invited to join some of Bryan's former clients at Phillips Arena for New Year's Eve. Widespread Panic played their 9th straight New Year's Eve show there and we had a fantastic time. It was fun to be a "Spreadhead" for the night... minus the copious amounts of drugs. (Please note definition #2)



Fun Fact: Panic has played 18 consecutive sold-out NYE shows in Atlanta.
They even have their own jersey hanging up at Phillips Arena! :-)



L-R: A girl that did not talk to us, Bridget and John (our hosts)


I'm not quite sure what the "under the sea" motif was all about...
Do you see the ginormous jellyfish?



Many of you know that Bryan and I were "Phish phans" for a long time. Panic falls into that same "jam band" genre. Bryan had seen them play several times before, while I had only seen them at the infamous concert in Athens - Panic in the Streets in 1998. We were both excited to get a little "jam band fix" and go to the show on Monday night. One of the "perks" was that we were able to sit, stand and boogie all from the comfort of our friend Bridget's company suite. As I told my friend Roper, we weren't anywhere near the patchouli oil-laden teenage crowd. That, my friends, is a scent I do not miss. :-)


My boogie-in' boy :-)

We were also able to invite our friends Toni and Jeremy to come along. Bless them both, I don't think they had ever experienced the jam band scene. They took it all in and did some fun people watching. :-) I was really thankful to have Toni there as it was my first time meeting John and Bridget, our hosts. I had people to talk to!!


me. toni. fun.


Toni and Jeremy

My cousin Maggie and her husband Eric drove in from Waynes-vegas with some of their friends to see the show, and we tried really hard all weekend to meet up. Alas, work schedules and dead cell phones worked against us. :-(



Yes, those are pictures of Bryan dancing.
With his crutches.
He is awesome. :-)

No comments: