Saturday, October 20, 2007

Oh Where, Oh Where Did My Little Blog Go?

I am embarrassed to admit it has been WEEKS since I last blogged. I'm even more ashamed of the fact that I haven't been taking many pictures even though...

  • I went home for a weekend! My aunt is in the final stages of restoring our family's grist mill. The Francis Mill Preservation Society held their second annual Bluegrass and BBQ fundraiser. I came home to help with the fundraiser and spend some time with my family! I did get to see my FAVORITE boy in the whole wide world --- BOONE!

He tried very hard to blow up a "bloon" on his own.

(Note: Any references to other small children being my "favorite" are null and void. I have recognized the error of my ways and I know that only children I am directly related to should be referred to as "my favorite.") :-)



  • Bryan and I visited his grandparents - Nanny and Pa - at "The River" for Bryan's birthday. We had a fantastic weekend spending time with his family. His Dad and cousin Tracy came with us. When we left on Sunday, we were all a couple pounds heavier from Nanny's awesome cooking.

  • I took two of my favorite former students out to dinner. Every time they have something to celebrate (all A's on a report card, a big project, getting accepted into advanced classes) we go out for a special dinner. Most recently, I took Dayra and Estefania to The Cheesecake Factory. YUM!
Happy AND Smart!

  • There have been TWO Fab 5 birthday celebrations! Sherry and Michelle are both a little older and smarter.
Michelle's Birthday Mafia

  • I have been spending LOTS of time with a certain almost-2-year-old. Recently, we spent some time trying on Thomas' favorite new toy - an enormous blonde wig!

I know, you're all jealous and you want to borrow it now. Too bad. Thomas says no.

2 comments:

Danger Chris said...

Who is this Thomas, and how can he be so awesome?

Peggy said...

1) tell me that kid's name isn't "Boone Boone"
2) nice wig, blondie
3) so this bryan fella...got a cute, single brother living anywhere near seattle, washington? ;)