Tuesday, February 27, 2007

A little old, but a good laugh....

Lately, our ESOL teachers have been testing every ESOL student in the school. This is really time-consuming considering a large percentage of our students speak Espanol as their first language. They need a quiet testing environment. We don't have a lot of space to spare at my school. so these teachers make do with what they can find.

Keep in mind the following things when examining the sign below.

1. It was typed and printed by an adult.

2. Said adult is an ESOL teacher. This means she is responsible for teaching children to SPEAK, READ and WRITE CORRECTLY in English.

3. Said adult is NOT the ESOL teacher who works with my students. If said adult tried to work with my students, I believe the picture of the sign below gives me all the ammunition I need to say, "No Thank You!"


The sign actually stayed up for TWO DAYS.... even after the assistant principal told the "teacher" to take it down because of the errors. The assistant principal came back on day two with a corrected version that has not been taken down since.

Heeheehee!!

Now I'm nervous I might have a spelling error of my own in this post.... :-)

3 comments:

Nicole said...

That's freaking hilarious!! Espero todo esta bien contigo! Besos! - Nic

Anonymous said...

Holy Smack! I can't believe you didn't come get me! I can only guess who???!!!!

Senegal Daily said...

That's awesome. I can even hear it in my head, "Please be quiiit" in a nice southern drawl.

I totally understand about the typos. I feel that way a lot since I'm supposed to be 'a writer'. Too much pressure!!! :)