Wednesday, September 27, 2006

You Never Know What You'll See...

On the way to Athens!

I was on my way to class last week when I happened upon this interesting fellow traveler. Of course, when I saw the award-winning mural on the back of his truck, I had to stop and grab my camera. Aren't you glad I did?



Let me walk you through this lovely little bit of artwork.

First and on the left, we have Juana. Juana Humpalot. She is sporting her Kmart bra, Wrangler jeans, Payless hooker heels and Lee Press On Nails. Her friend Ima Givusum added the fabulous highlights and helped her with the press on nails.


The second half of this pimped out ride brings us to Rico. Rico Rodriguez -note the smoke enhanced thought bubble that helps us read his last name. He is sporting a black tobaggan pulled down over his eyeballs... makes me wonder how he manages to walk, drive and basically function on a daily basis. For some reason, his nose is completely black. Like a very dark Rudolph. Or that guy from the game Operation - maybe his lightbulb burned out!!

Either way, I had to share this. Nobody would have believed me if I'd just called to tell you about it!

3 comments:

Peggy said...

I just want to tell you how absolutely NORMAL this is (was) in my life. Growing up in South TX, it is a daily (way more than daily) occurence to see such vivid artwork. In addition, it is common for many to sport a silver embossment of the family name on the back of the vehicle. I've been very tempted to put "ITSCHNER" on mine.

Senegal Daily said...

That is AWESOME. Must say I don't see much of this variety in France. It kind of reminds me of a certain mural headed towards the bathroom in one of our favorite restaurants... :)

Nicole said...

Now, that's hot! Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!